Be Part of an Emerging Revolution in Economics & Finance
Decentralised Finance (DeFi) has emerged as a blockchain-based form of finance that leverages innovations in cryptocurrencies and smart contracts to build fair, inclusive, and robust financial systems that do not rely on central financial intermediaries, such as banks, brokerages or exchanges. DeFi applications disrupt the traditional financial services industry by allowing people lend, borrow and trade financial assets without intermediaries.
DeFi is currently the fastest growing blockchain innovation, with millions of users and hundreds of protocols handling tens of billions of dollars in value.
Introduction to Decentralized Finance is your ultimate guide to the revolutionary world of DeFi. In this course, you will familiarise yourself with the fundamentals of DeFi, its underlying technologies, popular applications, and transformative potential.
The course runs over six sessions, covering three themes:
- DeFi fundamentals (Sessions 1-2): An overview of what DeFi is and how it maps against traditional finance. In the first part of the course we also cover background material necessary to understand DeFi in depth, including an introduction to Ethereum (and other Layer 1 blockchains on which DeFi applications run), smart contracts, fungible and non-fungible tokens, and so on.
- The DeFi application stack (Sessions 3-5): A deep-dive on the components of the DeFi application stack, including decentralized exchanges, automated market making, lending and borrowing, liquidity mining, yield farming, decentralised insurance, synthetic assets, oracles, stablecoins, etc.
- DeFi governance (Session 6): A discussion on algorithmic governance, its applications to DeFi and the future of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
After completion of the course, students are expected to be able to:
- Define DeFi and explain how it will compete with, complement or disrupt traditional finance.
- Summarize the basic application stack of DeFi and give examples of how decentralized exchanges, automated market making, lending/borrowing, synthetic assets and derivatives on DeFi, and other components of the DeFi application stack work.
- Explain the main risks associated with DeFi, including smart contract risks, impermanent losses, regulatory implications and others and propose actions to mitigate them.
- Transact with main types of DeFi protocols and applications in Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain and other blockchains.
- Consultants of financial services
- Smart contract developers
- Advisors and counselors of enterprise executives
- Freelancers who want to diversify their competitive advantage
- Healthcare, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Education Sector, FMCG Entertainment.
After completing this course, business professionals will be able to make informed business decisions pertaining to Blockchain proof-of-concept implementations.
What is DeFi?
Understanding what Decentralised Finance is, the benefits behind how it can work for you, and its origins. Gain an understanding of blockchain technology and how to make your assets work.
How not to lose all your money and avoid silly mistakes. DeFi is not without risks but safe when you understand what you are doing.
The DeFi Ecosystem
The tools you need - Wallets, bridges, exchanges, lending, minting, compounders, farms, mixers, analysis tools, and much more. Learn to use all the protocols you need to become a complete pro.
DeFi Use Cases
Techniques - Making smart financial decisions, doing your homework, and knowing where to cross-reference your actions.
Risk management - There is no customer service in DeFi. No 24/7 hotline. We show you the steps you need to take to stay secure and troubleshoot.
- Duration : 10 week
- Max Students : 1000
- Enrolled : 65
- Re-take Course : 3
- Assessments : Self