Learn to Diversify Your Portfolio
Here at Forex Learners Academy, we provide you with the best possible opportunity to learn how to trade and invest into the following assets. Our list of products – or financial trading instruments as they are known in the world of finance – include Leveraged Products such as Forex and a variety of Derivatives. When it comes to Forex, we introduce you to currency pairs to boost your trading experience and diversify your investment portfolio.
CRYPTOCURRENCIES- Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Ripple
Cryptos are unique and popular digital currencies which are changing the financial industry. Their lack of physical form and decentralized nature, achieved by the use of Blockchain technology, makes them perfect for trading. You will also learn how to mine and invest in them as well.
TOP TIPS FOR TRADING CRYPTOCURRENCIES
If you’re interested in trading the major cryptocurrencies, whether long or short term, there are many factors to consider. Do you have a high risk tolerance; are you open to volatility? Do you want to add more cryptocurrencies to your portfolio, or do you want to progress to a new asset class in time? Do you want to go for a day trading strategy, or do you prefer position trading for a longer-term approach? The following tips are key:
- Choose the Trading Style That’s Right for you Choosing how you want to trade cryptocurrencies is the first decision you need to make before selecting the coins themselves. You need to decide whether to trade via derivatives or use an exchange:
- Trading via Derivatives: When you trade cryptocurrencies via financial derivatives such as binary options, spread betting or CFDs (where allowed), you can speculate on their price without having to own the underlying coins.
- Trading via an Exchange: Trading via an exchange you have to purchase the assets themselves, storing tokens in a digital wallet until you’re ready to sell. The trading fees you will have to pay can be significant. Most crypto exchanges are unregulated, meaning you have no protection if the exchange is hacked or However, derivatives platforms like IG are FCA-authorized, offering the protection of segregated accounts.
- Get a Feel for the Market Watching the trading patterns is key. Observe the market for a few weeks to get a feel of how the coin reacts to certain times of the day and week, and how it responds to market news and key events. This will help you work out patterns of trading, and how to limit losses and maximize gains.
- Decide on a Strategy Traders can choose strategies such as day trading, where positions are opened and closed within a day for quick profits, or go for a scalping strategy, taking small profits from a large number of trades. Other strategies include trend trading, swing trading, and position trading. Keeping abreast of cryptocurrency news and watching the patterns of trading is key to gain an understanding of each coin. For more information on how to do this effectively, look at our Guide to Day Trading Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies.
- Manage Risks Through Stop Loss and Limit Orders Risk management is a key consideration when trading cryptocurrencies, particularly as the markets can be so volatile. It is important to set stop losses and limit orders; decide how much you can afford to lose and make sure your trading plan reflects these decisions.
Learn to trade the major currency pairs traded worldwide, such as EUR/USD, USD/JPY and GBP/USD. Keep reading to view live prices for the major forex pairs, and to learn what factors that impact their price movements.
TIPS FOR TRADING CURRENCY PAIRS
Forex traders utilize discipline and consistency in their trading. Here’s some expert tips to kickstart your forex trading:
- If you’re new to forex trading, choose liquid currency pairs like the EUR/USD or the USD/JPY. Then analyze the fundamentals and the technicals until you are familiar with what moves the currency pairs.
- Determining the appropriate leverage is of key importance when trading currencies. Lots of beginner forex traders wipe out their accounts because they use excess leverage.
- A forex trading strategy can help to ensure traders are consistent and disciplined. This can lead to profitability and deter loss causing behavior. Sign up for training to avoid the number one mistake traders make.
- Choose the best trading time frame to suit your needs. You can choose from swing-trading, day-trading or scalping depending on which one appeals to you most.
- Use our free trading forecasts on major currencies to stay ahead of the forex market. And for daily updates on major forex pairs, view our currency market news and technical analysis articles.
METALS- Trade gold & other spot Metals
Learn to trade all Spot Metals without burdening you with additional foreign exchange exposure on Gold and Silver. We also offer spot metals in both USD and EUR as a 1% margin on Gold and Silver.
INDICES -Trade the world’s leading Indices
Trade on a host of the world’s leading indices such as the USA500 and UK100, which feature the top most highly capitalised companies in the US and UK.
INDICES TRADING TIPS
Trading indices is like trading other financial assets. Traders will try to predict if the index will go up or down and then either buy or sell the index. The reasons for entering the trade are of utmost importance and keeping up to date on market events is crucial.
- To stay ahead of the market, see our Equities Forecast where experts analyze some of the major indices like the S&P 500, DAX, and the FTSE 100.
- Before entering a trade, decide on a risk-reward ratio.
- Keep an eye on economic data to be released. Economic data can have an impact on spreads and volatility and traders should avoid trading before high-impact economic data releases.
- Traders should always update their knowledge and skills.
SHARES -Trade Google, Apple and Facebook Shares
Trade stocks in leading blue chip companies such as Microsoft and Coca Cola. You can take full advantage of strong liquidity and reliable execution to trade some of the most well-known and liquid shares in the world.
ENERGIES- Trade spot and futures contracts in Oil & Gas
Trade derivatives with popular energies, including Brent and Crude oil.
Commodities such as Coffee, Copper and Sugar are influenced by economic, political and environmental factors. Become a perfect trader in these areas.
TIPS FOR TRADING COMMODITIES
- To stay ahead of the market, see our commodity news and analysis where experts analyze some of the major commodity price developments
- Before entering a trade, decide on a risk-reward ratio.
- See our economic calendar for the dates and times of important data releases
- Traders should always update their knowledge and skills. Forex Learners Academy experts host webinars that cover trading strategies and tips.
BONDS Trade bonds issued by the world’s leading economies
How bonds are traded in the market is important to the worldwide economy and the level of interest rates. For this reason, bonds are an important part of global economic markets.
DIRECT MARKET ACCESS (DMA) STOCKS DMA execution on global stock exchanges
Exclusive to MT5 platform, derivatives on DMA Stocks orders are placed on global stock exchanges at the market price so you can take advantage of direct market live pricing with full market depth. You can even witness your order being reflected on the exchange in real-time!
Throughout the course, all students trade real-time foreign exchange, commodities, stock indices and other financial markets to apply their learned knowledge in real-time markets and to enhance their trading skills. The course has been designed for people wishing to become financial markets traders, but also for students wanting a more practical qualification in financial markets trading, or for those looking for an additional source of income. The programme requires little or no previous knowledge of trading, but students will move quickly from the basics of trading towards more sophisticated techniques.
Our synthetic indices are based on a cryptographically secure random number generator audited for fairness by an independent third party. These indices are engineered to simulate real-world market movement and are unaffected by natural events and disruptions. Synthetic indices are available 24/7, have constant volatility, fixed generation intervals, and are free of market and liquidity risks.
Instruments available for margin trading
Volatility 10 (1s) Index
Volatility 25 (1s) Index
Volatility 50 (1s) Index
Volatility 75 (1s) Index
Volatility 100 (1s) Index
Volatility 10 Index
Volatility 25 Index
Volatility 50 Index
Volatility 75 Index
Volatility 100 Index
These indices correspond to simulated markets with constant volatilities of 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%.
One tick is generated every two seconds for volatility indices 10, 25, 50, 75, and 100.
One tick is generated every second for volatility indices 10 (1s), 25 (1s), 50 (1s), 75 (1s), and 100 (1s).
Boom 1000 Index
Boom 500 Index
Crash 1000 Index
Crash 500 Index
With these indices, there is an average of one drop (crash) or one spike (boom) in prices that occur in a series of 1000 or 500 ticks.
With these indices, there is an equal probability of up/down movement in a price series with a fixed step size of 0.1
4.Range break indices
Range Break 100 Index
Range Break 200 Index
These indices fluctuate between two price points (borders), occasionally breaking through the borders to create a new range on average once every 100 or 200 times that they hit the borders.